There are a lot of great reasons to use Robot Virtual Worlds, a high-end simulation environment that enables students to learn programming, even if they don’t have direct access to a physical robot. Robot Virtual Worlds helps you extend your STEM robotics classroom by:
- Helping you mange students who are working at different levels
- Providing you the ability to scaffold students’ learning
- Helping you more easily organize and keep track of your classroom
- Using simulated fantasy worlds to capture students’ imaginations and make learning fun
- Giving every student individual, “hands-on” experience while learning to program
- Providing the ability to assign robotics homework
- And a whole lot more!
But one of the best reasons to use Robot Virtual Worlds is that research shows teaching programming with Robot Virtual Worlds is more efficient than teaching with physical robots alone.
A joint research project by Carnegie Mellon’s Robotics Academy and the University of Pittsburgh’s Learning Research and Development Center showed that learning to program in a simulated environment is actually more efficient than with physical robots.
Researches compared programming classes that were identical, with the exception of one feature – students learned programming using only physical robots, or they learned programming using virtual robots. Researchers found that while students in all classes had similar learning gains, the classes using virtual robots completed the course in significantly less time.
Visit robotvirtualworlds.com to learn more and get started with a free, 10-day trial today!
Want to learn more about Robot Virtual Worlds? Be sure to tune into our Back-to-School Webinar Series.