What is the STEM problem?
- The global economy is creating more and more STEM jobs
- The global education system is creating more and more STEM graduates
- However, millions of STEM jobs remain unfilled, due to an unqualified workforce
What is the Solution?
- STEM Curriculum that:
- Effectively motivates and engages students
- Employs real world problem solving
- Easily adopted
- Teaches critical 21st century career skills
- and is cost effective
The Need for a STEM-Ready Workforce
Robomatter is a Global Leader in STEM Education.
Robomatter Incorporated’s mission is to prepare students to compete in the emerging economy. Our proven methods, rigorous curricula, and educational technologies enable us to deliver high quality STEM education that prepares students to succeed in the 21st century.
ROBOTC / Robot Virtual Worlds Installations
U.S. Educational Institutions
Project Lead The Way schools
Leading STEM Solutions
Focused on Technology and Engineering, we provide:
Complete, Research-Based Curriculum
A complete, research-based Computer Science and Robotics Curriculum that is fully integrated with our technology
Differentiated, Scaffolded Approach to Learning
A differentiated, scaffolded approach to learning that teaches kids foundational concepts, process and principles
Teacher Training, Tools, and Support
The training, support, and tools teachers need to be successful in a learner-centered classroom
Creating partners to deliver 21st Century STEM skills
The Global STEM Alliance addresses the growing need for highly skilled workers in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) by accelerating STEM learning around the world. The GSA is the first global initiative of more than 70 governments, corporations, educational institutions, and nongovernmental organizations in more than 50 countries and regions working with the New York Academy of Sciences to identify the world’s best STEM talent and create a global network of promising students and noted scientists.
Eduspec has been at the forefront of providing innovative ICT education programs for schools from Kindergarten to 12th Grade since 1984 through its subsidiary Dynabook Computer Centre. A public listed company in Malaysia, having operation both in Malaysia and Singapore, and with associate companies in Indonesia, Vietnam and China, Eduspec promotes educational activities, research and development of new innovative educational products throughout the Asia Pacific region.
CM Asia Learning is an educational solution provider, headquartered in Singapore, offering top-notched pedagogy and STEM curricula to schools within APAC. Their programs are born out of decades of empirical research and best practices, in partnership with top global educational institutes and academies.
CM Asia Learning also aims to equip and energize professional educators with dynamic trainings on the know-how in implementing innovative instructional techniques that raises the quality of the classroom practices and eases the teaching processes.
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Serving 3 million educators and over 30 million students, Discovery Education’s services are in half of U.S. classrooms, over 40 percent of all primary schools in the UK, and more than 50 countries. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that increase academic achievement.
- Uses inquiry-based, project-based learning to engage students and make them an active part of the learning process
- Leads students to discovering a working solution that addresses the entire problem, not just a short term solution
- Uses student’s prior knowledge to help them understand the nature and scope of a problem
- Uses repeated experience to shape students’ understanding and knowledge
Contextualized and foregrounded
- Curriculum and activities are built around strong, interactive themes that get students’ attention
- Content is targeted, precise, and narrow
- Curriculum and activities focus on important concepts and content, ensuring students are devoting their learning to the most critical ideas
Students Generalize Understanding
…and apply learning across contexts.
- Uses authentic, real-world contexts to motivate students and create the need-to-know that inspires STEM learning
- Uses explicitly constructed problems to help students generalize their problem-solving abilities
- Teaches students to see the underlying similarities between problems and be able to apply concepts and learning across context and situations
Provides scaffolded learning
…in the form of:
- Structured problem solving
- Carefully designed learning materials and instructional goals that scaffold difficult concepts and complex tasks
- Using Model Eliciting Activities to Engage Students in Computational Thinking Practices
- Learn to program in half the time!
- Students Learn Programming Faster through Robotic Simulation
- Learning How to Program via Robot Simulation
- The Roles of Badges in the Computer Science Student Network
- Achievement Systems to Boost Achievement Motivation
- Case studies of a robot-based game to shape interests and hone proportional reasoning skills
- Resources for learning robots: Environments and framings connecting math in robotics
- Designing technology activities that teach mathematics
- Using robotics to teach mathematics: Analysis of a curriculum designed and implemented
We Empower Teachers to be Successful in their STEM Classroom
“This is the new way of teaching, a new methodology for students to learn math. We are motivating them to learn through play, practice, and trial and error.”– Adriana Florez, Uniminuto Teacher in the Girardot Region
We offer robust teaching certification workshops
- Dynamic, interactive and innovative
- Employs research-based best practices in Professional development
- Distills decades of learning research into effective teacher training
- Translates theory into practical teaching strategies
- Tailored to local needs and challenges
- Energizes teachers and transforms educational experiences
See what others have said about us…
Main Office: 412-312-3100